• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

unmerged(196243)

Second Lieutenant
5 Badges
Feb 21, 2010
  • Deus Vult
  • Europa Universalis III Complete
  • For The Glory
  • Rome Gold
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
portugala.png

Prologue

Last edited:
Prologue
May 25, 1834
Miguel_of_Portugal.jpg
Total destruction. All of Miguel's plans were for naught. His armies were defeated, his capital destroyed, his uncle captured, his generals executed. Now, finally, it was his turn. He hadn't made an attempt to resist, when the liberals had finally closed in. Though his mind had been tinctured with the spirit of absolutism, it didn't take a genius to realize that such a mindset was no longer feasible. He'd call for a council of his finest generals. The liberals would close in tomorrow, but he hoped to at least let some people live today.

---​
"You cannot do this! I forbid you to!"

Many of the people at the council could barely understand the procession of events that had just occurred. In thought, one of them, a General Roux, would cup his head in his hands. This would only result in a glare from the rest of the assemblage. Finally, Miguel would speak.

"It is the only way."

All of them had taken a lot in the past few years. Miguel, himself, no longer maintained the beauty of his youth, his face instead coriaceous and tired from the war. His uncle, too, was a coward - he hardly led the Carlists, instead choosing to hide. A real man wouldn't hide. A real man would be on the constant attack. Unfortunately, a real man would die.

The next day, Miguel I of Portugal was shot and killed. The liberals had won.

Thank you for taking part in the contest and good luck!
I linked your thread in the contest list, and I will follow your AAR. :)

Mind that the contest ends on the 15th November and you will need to have 5 chapters for the contest till then,
so please update your AAR accordingly, because every missing chapter from the 5 necessary
will give you -20 points substracted from your total score.
I hope you will be able to get the chapters necessary in time.

Also thank you for your prologue, a promising beginning! :)

Please note that i will take AAR´s that dont have any chapters out of the contest, after the 15th November.
So you need at least one chapter to stay in the contest!

But I guess you will post your first chapter shortly, i just want to make you aware of it. :)

I hope to see an update soon, only 4 more days till the end of the contest, and there is still no chapter to read here sadly :(

I had surgery, unfortunately. I'll probably be able to update soon, though.

Thank you for letting us know.
I can only wish you to get well soon.

You should not worry about updating your thread or the contest then.
I guess you have much more important things to do right now.
I can take you out of the contest if you want to, no problem really.

I wish you all the best PenguinOverlord!

I'm off bed rest, now.
Expect the next two days to be either a huge succession of updates, or, alternatively, me quitting entirely.

Don't worry about whatever you choose - do what you need to do. Real life first, then us. We'll all be here when you've got the energy to write, and rooting for your full recovery. :)

Indeed, dont worry about it too much, there will allways be another contest, but you only have one health.

Get well and all the best!

Okay then i take you out of the contestors list.

Thank you anyway for your time, you where one of the first to comment at my contest thread,
if things would have gone other ways i am sure you would have contributed more to it :)

Get well soon!